The Associates’ Annual General Meeting is a yearly event hosted by The Associates of the Asper School of Business and open to all Associates and select faculty and staff of the Asper School of Business.
The AGM is followed by a dinner where a prominent leader of the local business community will be asked to give a presentation on their business experience and industry. The dinner is also a way for The Associates to recognize their first-year members, along with Associates who have been members for 10, 20, 25, 30, and 35 years. First-year members are presented with a plaque signed by the Dean of the Asper School of Business and the President of the University of Manitoba. Milestone members also receive a customized gift.
Past AGM speakers include:
- Peter B. Gustavson, EncoreFX Inc. (2018)
- Randy Ambrosie, CFL Commissioner (2017)
- John Manley, Business Council Canada (2016)
- Hon. Gary Doer, Government of Canada (2015)
- Perrin Beatty, Canadian Chamber of Commerce (2013)
- Daniel Bubis, Tetrem Capital Management (2012)
- Mogens Smed, DIRTT Environmental Solutions (2011)
- Amanda Lang, CBC News (2010)
- Gregg Saretsky, WestJet (2009)
- Calin Rovinescu, Air Canada (2008)
- Diane Francis, National Post (2007)