Manitoba’s Premier Business Network
The Associates are senior-level executives and leaders who share the Asper School of Business’ commitment to excellence in management education, and represent a spectrum of industries and backgrounds. Over the past 37 years, the School has evolved to meet the needs of the local and national business community with the help of the Associates through their advisement, philanthropic contribution, mentoring, and many other types of involvement.
The Associates Advantage
- Network with more than 300 Manitoba business leaders
- Attend seminars by some of the world’s leading thinkers, offering insight into business, politics, and current events
- Access faculty members and cutting-edge research at one of Canada’s leading business schools
- Connect with students through mentorship, internship, in-class and award presentations, and competition judging
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at Manitoba businesses and community initiatives
- Champion education at the I.H. Asper School of Business; membership fees support students, research, and facilities (and include charitable tax receipts)
- Attend IDEA, our flagship event that recognizes excellence in entrepreneurship and supports the Asper School
- Serve on the Board of Directors or on several committees within the organization
- Help to shape Manitoba’s next leaders through the Young Associates
Dues & Membership
The cost of membership is $1300 annually. A $1075 charitable donation receipt and a $225 event attendance entitlement receipt are issued with the payment.
All Associates events and programs are complimentary, there is no additional cost to attend with the exception of the IDEA dinner which is a ticketed event.
Since 1982, all new members also receive an official welcome with an initiation certificate signed by the Dean and the Chair.
Associates Transition Membership
The Young Associates is designed for professionals under 40 years of age. The Associates offers a Transition Membership that is open to applications from current Young Associates. Transition Memberships are granted to Young Associates nearing the end of their YA eligibility who meet the Associates’ requirements for demonstrated community commitment and executive or leadership workplace roles. The three year transition period allows the member to gradually enter the Associates with access to both organizations’ events, increased school engagement opportunities, and initially reduced membership pricing.
The Associates Transition Membership fee structure and access to membership benefits are as follows:
Year One: $500 – Initial transition year with access to all YA and Associates events and programs ($150 charitable tax receipt)
Year Two: $800 – Second year of dual membership with access to all YA and Associates events and programs ($425 charitable tax receipt)
Year Three: $1,300 – Full member of the Associates, no longer a YA ($1075 charitable tax receipt)
For further information please contact the Associates office by email at email@example.com or by phone at 204.981.4880
Associates Membership Information Luncheon
Throughout the year the Associates have 4 membership information luncheons where further information on how and why to become an Associates are discussed.
The following luncheon dates are set for 2019/2020:
- October, 2020 Luncheon – date TBD
Manitoba’s Premier Business Network
Leaders Advancing Business Education
￼￼￼The Associates are comprised of over 300 senior executives from various backgrounds, representing the diverse sectors in Manitoba including private, public and non-for profit senior leaders. A complete listing of Associates may be viewed…
The Associates are a committed group of business leaders who believe in supporting business education and supporting our future leaders. Their commitment and to the school is evidenced by their long term membership with the Associates. We take great pride in the Associates commitment and every year at the Annual General Meeting held in the fall, we honour and celebrate members who have milestone anniversaries and welcome first year members. In 2018, the following milestone anniversaries were recognized:
Founding Members who are still active - 36 years plus
- Archie Arnott
- Sheldon Berney
- Richard Bracken
- Robert Chipman
- Norman Coghlan
- Albert Cohen
- John Fraser
- Frederic Gaspard
- Kerry Hawkins
- Paull Hill
- Serena Kraayeveld
- Lawrence Pollard
- Gerry Price
- Donald Reimer
- Hartley Richardson
- George Richardson
- Richard Riess
- Gary Steiman
- Arni Thorsteinson
- Marvin Tiller
- Kevin Kavanagh
- H Sanford Riley, Richardson Financial Group Ltd.
- Hubert Kleysen, Kleysen Inc.
- James Lawton, Value Partners Group Inc.
- Richard Frost, The Winnipeg Foundation
- Lawrence Prendiville, Prendiville Industries
- Charles Spiring, Wellington-Altus Private Wealth
- Bob Cox, Winnipeg Free Press
- Philipp Ens, Triple E Canada Ltd.
- Laurie Nesbitt, Florist Supply Ltd.
- Ken Neufeld, Tundra Oil & Gas
- Jose Correia, Bee-Clean
- Joe Cyr, Price Industries Ltd.
- Stan Newman, RE/MAX Professionals